Current Vacancies & Training Opportunities
Inverclyde Community Development Trust has over thirty years of experience in providing a wide range of services and support to the people of Inverclyde
Employment Support Worker
Employability Support Worker
Employability Services Manager
SALARY / GRADE:
£23,151 (Funded until 26th March 2021 with possible extension)
35 hours per week
Westburn Centre and any Inverclyde location where the Trust runs
Inverclyde Community Development Trust (The Trust) focuses on providing support that encourages and nurtures people and communities. We support people to gain employment through our employability services, including the ability to upskill through our SQA Accredited Centre.
The main purpose of this job is to ensure that the employment support needs of all clients are met across the stages of the employability pipeline and that the provision delivered is quality assured. This approach will focus the client on their individual job goals using initial assessment and an agreed action plan to develop and demonstrate their employability through training & skills development. This work will extend to include outreach work where appropriate.
This post is a fixed term contract to 26th March 2021. The successful candidates for these posts will be subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme check..
- *To deliver employment support as directed by Line Manager, ensuring that the employment support needs of all programme clients are met and that the provision delivered is quality assured & contract compliant.
- *To arrange employability training for clients as appropriate to their job search goals; tasters, short courses and specialist help.
- *To conduct individual and group registrations, assessing skills, work history, potential job areas and identify any barriers, encourage participation and provide information on current programmes.
- *To assist clients in the production of ‘SMART’ (Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic & Timebound.) plans of activity, which will include a range of activities such as; job search with activity logs, CVs, interview skills and techniques, achievement of qualifications and such.
- *To provide effective on-going assessment and review to ensure clients achieve agreed objectives for targeted activities throughout their journey with the Trust.
- *To ensure the progression of clients though the promotion of Personal Development & Vocational training opportunities in line with action plans agreed.
- Liaise with external organisation delivering Employer Engagement service locally, referring clients and supporting job matching as appropriate.
Job DescriptionClick Here to download a Job Description
Download Application FormClick Here to download an Application Pack
completed applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
closing date for return application forms is Friday the 2nd of October 2020 at 12 Noon with interviews being held on Tuesday the 6th of October 2020, Please ensure you include a phone number we can contact you
What is Future Jobs?
Worried that your lack of experience may be holding you back from securing employment? You may benefit from our Future Jobs programme.
It is a six month paid placement within one of our partner companies across Inverclyde in a variety of different roles.
At the moment we have opportunities in as retail assistants, gardening assistant, centre assistant, recycling assistants, and a store assistant.
Get in touch with your Employee Support Worker or register with us by calling 01475 553300 or email email@example.com
Female Personal Assistant
NATURE OF POST To aid in personal care, 2 showers per week and support with social inclusion hours, hospital appointments, domestic and related matters as requested by, your employer. To cover any annual leave and sickness of other P.A.
JOB TITLE Personal Assistant. A Personal Assistant is employed to help the employer live her life the way she chooses.
JOB SUMMARY Experience preferred but not essential as guidance will be given by employer and Occupational Therpist if required. To work 2 evenings per week to hoist, shower (personal care) and put employer into bed. To support/encourage employer to be part of the local community in whatever way she chooses. To allow the employer to make decisions but give support and encouragement when necessary.
- To be a safe driver with a clean licence. To drive an adapted wheelchair accessible vehicle and assist employer to social, medical and community activities / appointments. To provide a range of personal and domestic assistance. To cover with prior agreement during days and when care is needed at evenings and weekends when family have commitments. Non-smoker is required.
- A Personal Assistant will enable myself (the employer) to do the above by listening to what I want and following my instructions. It is therefore vital that the employee has good communication and listening skills. Like most people, my day and condition vary so it is difficult to list every task that is expected of a Personal Assistant.
Rate of Pay: £9.30ph (wages paid on a 4-weekly basis)
Hours of Work: The standard 7 hrs working hours per week would be Monday and Thursday evenings, 7.30pm – 9.00pm and 4 hrs on Friday afternoon. Cover on other days will be necessary This may be week days, or evenings. This would be where possible pre planned and agreed mutully. A extra floating 2.25 hrs is available per week and will be used when necessary.
Geotechnical Technician (Trainee/ Assistant/)
Hours of work: 8am to 5pm with half an hour for lunch
Travel time will be involved too in the role between sites
Rate National Minimum Wage (Overtime will be paid as applicable)
● Assist in the planning and preparation of site investigation
● Assist in the preparation of materials and equipment for site
● Assist Geotechnical Engineer/ lead driller on site with –
● Set up of site works
● Setting out of investigation locations
● Checking plans for underground and overhead utilities
● Scanning for utilities
● Excavating trial pits (hard and mechanical)
● Drilling and sampling operations
● Undertake specialist in-situ testing
● Production of data sheets
● Production of geotechnical logs
● Monitoring and sampling of standpipes for gas and groundwater
● General site duties including clean up
● Maintain yard, store and materials
● Any other duties required by the contract