Pay Rate: £8.40 p/h
Closing Date: Monday 16th Sept
Shifts: Between 17.00 – 02.00am, 5 over 7 days including weekend work.
Additional: Free travel also included including spouse / partner pass.
As our Shunter Driver you will be responsible for a number of duties including those listed below.
The role also requires flexibility in terms of the ability to work late night shifts.
What will I be responsible for?
- Loading and parking assets; maintaining communication to the traffic office
- Shunting equipment with care and attention whilst ensuring complete compliance with Safe Systems of Work
- Liaising with Warehousing and Engineering departments to ensure the correct equipment is positioned on and off the bays, ensuring the flow is maintained.
- Managing the fleet resources in the yard including Vehicles Off Road
- Accurately completing all required yard-related administrative checks i.e. fleet checks, yard checks, pre-op vehicle checks and equipment audits
- Follow site and business Health and Safety / Safe Systems of work policies
- Reporting on available and unavailable (i.e. defective) fleet assets in the yard
- Maintaining the yard hygiene and risk management as necessary
- Carry out any additional tasks as required by your line manager
Please apply by forwarding a current CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org