Closing Date: 4th October
Pay Rate: £8.75 p/h
Job description: Handyperson 21 hours per week at £8.75 per hour.
Note: Clean current UK Driving licence essential as is the ability to drive with trailer attached.
Responsible to: Service Manager
- To provide a support service including general household and garden maintenance to older people registered with the service as per service work plans.
- To participate in the planning and organising of work with a view to maximising service output (i.e. jobs completed)
- Assess work requested as to feasibility with reference to project service objectives.
- Identify and quantify material needed to complete work with particular reference to decorating and where required arrange for the purchase and delivery of materials.
- When directed undertake small administrative tasks including assisting service users or prospective users to complete service application forms.
- Undertake van driving duties as required by the service, including use of trailer.
- Ensure that safe practices are implemented during all works undertaken.
- Provide mentoring and skill development opportunities for individuals hosted in work placements within the service.
- Participate in skills development opportunities relevant to your role and or organisational development.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance is carried out on both the project transport and equipment.
- Undertake repairs on tools and or equipment as required.
- Ensure confidentiality of service user information.
- Collect service user’s financial contributions towards service costs and complete appropriate documentation as per guidelines.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the service Manager